I got back from my travels a week ago and over the week I was back I really cut down my carbs since in Greece I got in a habit of ordering pasta and Greek styled pizza, etc etc:) . I am not saying carbs are bad but they are in everything and I am being mindful of what goes in vs what I burn out. So after carb loading in Greece I took a break but waited for the weekend to SPLURGE with my best frannnn and have some of my famous Sandra’s Bruschetta!
I’m finally sharing this deeelicious recipe that has been a crowd pleaser for years! We enjoyed it with some red red wineeee, because who doesn’t love a glass of the red?
As the Italian’s might say “Tutto Bene”! Every layer of this bruschetta is the perfect combination of flavours and textures. It’s quick and easy to make and pairs well with other dinner combos or as mentioned of glass of vino. Who else loves enjoying a glass while cooking? It helps when your hungry drooling over the goodness you cannot wait to bite into!
Sandra's BruschettaPrint Recipe
- Baguette or flat bread
- Butter (Vegan option: Earth Balance vegan butter)
- Garlic powder
- Mozzarella cheese (Vegan option: Daiya or Sheese brand)
- 4-5 medium tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- Small bunch of fresh basil
- Balsamic glaze or Balsamic vinegar (reduced to thicken)
- Optional: fresh wild arugula
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cut the baguette and spread a thin layer of butter
3. Sprinkle garlic powder to desired liking
4. Grate cheese and sprinkle on top next
5. Dice tomatoes and add on top of cheese
6. Sprinkle dried basil and place on baking sheet
7. Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes (until cheese has melted and slightly crispy baguette)
8. Once out of the oven drizzle balsamic glaze
9. Chop fresh basil and add on top
10. Add fresh arugula on top
For balsamic glaze you can reduce balsamic vinegar by bringing it to a boil and stirring as it thickens 🙂