Smoothies are liquid nutrition, they allow the body to absorb nutrients so much quicker! Aka glow so much quicker!
More Florida inspiration, it has been mega gloomy over here. I am talking day 5 since I have not seen the sun. It starts to get to you and to your head… I literally just want to jump and land in Hawaii or something.
In Florida I was drinking lots of smoothies, about 2 a day. It reminded me how much I looove smoothies but realized that I am more drawn to them when I am in warm weather or just on the go, usually both. They had lots of smoothie chains down there and it was easily accessible on my way here or there. I decided that just because it’s gloomy or cold I wasn’t going to stop drinking smoothies when I got home.
Today I re created one of my favourite smoothies that I had several times in Sunshine State! It was filled with goodies like blubs, chia, banana, oats, pb and pea protein. I think I got it just about right and it was delicious!!! This might be my current obsession, I could drink a litre of this shtuff.
Check out the recipe.. I mean try it. Try the recipe! Let me know what you think glowers 🙂
Chia Max SmoothiePrint Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 large banana
- 1 small scoop vanilla protein powder (used fermented vegan Genuine Health protein)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (optional)
1. Add all ingredients in blender and blend
2, Pour into mason jar or glass
3. Drink up buttercup - OPTIONAL ; set in fridge for 1 hour to allow chia to expand for a thicker smoothie