Tis the season to be jolly
‘Tis the season to eat healthy
It’s the holidays! There’s carols on the radio, tinsel glistening in your trees, bright lights hanging, and geese allaying! Can you feel it in the air? Can you smell the festive goodies baking in the kitchen? Let’s be real. I’m always tempted by sweets – and the holidays makes it so hard to be good! But have no fear, Sandra is here! You can still enjoy holiday treats with my healthier recipes that put simple substitutions to the test! You can keep your blood-sugar levels balanced, your weight in check, and still look good for New Years Eve! You really can have your cake and eat it too 😉
This Hot Cocoa Candy Cane Pancake recipe was inspired by my favorite gum flavor, PUR’s Chocolate Mint. Think rich, chocolatey goodness with an exciting pop of candy cane mint. This festive breakfast will be sure to keep you jolly all day!
This recipe substitutes chocolate with cacao or cocoa powder – they are great simple substitutions because they reap amazing benefits and fill your body with goodness! Cacao is high in antioxidants and has been linked to benefits such as, lowering blood pressure, boosting your mood, and providing minerals like magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, zinc, and copper. Woah – now that’s a good way to break-your-fast!
Have you tried this recipe? Did it reap delicious goodness for you?
With glow & happiness,
Hot Cocoa Candy Cane PancakesPrint Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 mini candy canes crushed
- 2 tbsp Coconut whip (optional)
1. Mix dry and wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
2. Put 1/2 tbsp grapeseed oil on pan
3. Add a heaping spoonful of pancake batter to pan and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side, or until thoroughly cooked
4. Stack and top with coconut whip, sprinkle with crushed candy cane