It’s been a while and my apologies I have been quite the busy bee buzzing around town getting shit done and on the move. Where am I going? ALL THE WAY UP! Anyone else relate? Sending many many blessings your way as you are reading this & want to sincerely thank you for your love and support with The Goodness Glow!
Okay so you know sometimes when your busy you kind of eat on the fly or forget to wash your face before passing out (it happens) or drink more coffee than necessary and not enough water to make up for it. These things happen! Why? Because you are human!
DON’T FRET I’ve got some skincare tips you won’t regret!
I am happy to say my skin has been looking good and then looking better even when I am on the go. It just takes a little bit of conscious effort in being mindful. Mindfulness is like an art. It’s being present in all that you do, even eating and drinking, while also being grateful.
It’s okay most of us are runnign through life not paying attention to anything other than what’s next. Practice accepting what is, whatever arises in each moment and be kind and forgiving towards yourself. A healthy body start with a healthy mind, remember that =)
Eating for Healthy Skin:
FRUITS AND VEGGIES!!! The cleaner you are on the inside, the cleaner you are on the outside! Makes sense? Everything from the inside gets pushed out there are natural ways the body rids of waste and if it is unable to do that it pushes it through your largest organ, the skin! You want clear, beautiful, glowing skin? Take a look inside and clean things up. You may even want to try a detox or juice cleanse, there’s plenty of great ones! When in doubt increase you fruit, veggie and water intake.
- lemons & limes – high in anti oxidants, vitamin C which produces collagen
- cucumbers & celery – hydrating, anti-inflammatory
- carrots, sweet potatoes, ginger – vitamin A, repairing
- leafy greens – vitamin E, protects skin, detoxifying
- tomatoes – lycopene which protects skin from sun damage
- beets – detoxifies to prevent complexion from dulling
- berries – antioxidants neutralize damaging free radicals
- avocado & nuts – healthy fats, moisturizing
- turmeric -anti-inflammatory, detoxifying
- cinnamon – balances blood sugar
- WATER – HYDRATION
These are just some of the beautifying foods you can eat! Pick up a leafy green salad for lunch or take berries and nuts on the go in the car, sprinkle cinnamon on your breakfast, start your morning with lemon water, infuse your water with strawberries and limes! There’s so many ways to eat fruits and veggies, which will also ensure your staying hydrated if your like me and keep drinking that magical hot bevvie made from magic beans, see also; coffee. Staying hydrated allows the body to continuously cleanse toxins from the body and be clear! A great “fast food” is bananas! Literally I will sometimes take a bunch throw it in my big purse and GO. (lol) Hydration also allows your bowels enough fluids to move things through, this is important because if the bowels are blocked the body executes via the skin!
Stick your face out in a little sunshine. Ray will do your face some good! (Sunshine rays, I’m funny, right?) Be mindful of how long you are out there for, I will admit I love to roast like I love the heat! I can be dripping buckets of sweat and I am content as long as I am hot. Sunlight has been shown to kill bacteria, have beneficial effects on skin disorders, penetrates the skin to cleanse blood and blood vessels amongst others! I always find getting a little vitamin D helps diminish any acne trying to pop up, just saying.
GLOWING SKIN TIPS:
- exfoliate the skin using a dry brush – circular motion towards the heart helps increase circulation
- for dark circles use vitamin E
- avoid smoking
- massage your face – yes! give yourself a face massage! – it releases collagen
- try using coconut oil, avocado oil, macadamia oil, olive oil or rose hip oil to moisturize (my fav is rose hip and coconut)
- try a MASK! (keep reading. . .)
AVOCADO FACE MASK
- MASH AVOCADO (That’s it, 1 ingredient, less is more)
- SMEER IS ALL OVER YOUR FACE
- Put cucumber slices over your eyes for a spa experience
- Sit and relax for about 20 minutes
- VOILA, GLOW TIME SHOW TIME BABY
- You can even do this one for your hair minus the cucumbers
Here we did a dead sea mud mask =)
Just by being mindful of increasing fruits and veggies and following some glowing tips for nutritional skin care my sister has dramatically improved her skin complexion to a GLOW <3
Cheers to your glowing health inside out,