Are you looking for this sign with the shortest line in the mornings…
Many of us do! Even I find myself sometimes picking up a coffee on my way to work. As I was going through a drive thru to get coffee the other day.. it dawned on me how many people live on auto pilot in the hustle and bustle of everyday life and routine mornings. And because of the rush of these routine mornings people often forget or don’t make the time for a healthy nutritious start. Therefore driving thru a fast food resto to pick up morning carbs and sugars for fuel.
Straight up, anything you get through a drive thru is fast, cheap, easy and probably fake otherwise highly processed with little to no nutritional value.
WHAT. This is how all these people start their day and “break their fast”?!
Guys, just a little time management towards meal prep and changing habits goes a long way. Put the time in now or you may not have the time later. It takes 21 days to start a new habit, what is yours going to be? I challenge you to write it down and start tomorrow.
Some healthy morning habits:
- stretch or yoga
- lemon water or apple cider vinegar water
- deep breathing
- nutrient dense breakfast
- wake up earlier
- cold shower
- cuddle someone you love
- set some goals
- make coffee at home
- don’t forget your supplements
Start with 1 new habit and then add a new habits as you get into routine.
Quick, easy & healthy breakfast ideas:
- squeeze your lemon in a mason jar the night before (store in fridge)
- prepare your breakfast the night before or meal prep on the weekend
- make a batch or protein or oatmeal bars – store bars in freezer
- try overnight oats (YUM!)
- get a supplements 7 day container and sort them out in a Sunday night for the week
- blend up a nutritious smoothie the night before with some superfoods
Protein Overnight OatsPrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 scoop protein powder (i.e. vega, genuine health)
- 1/2 tsp or less cinnamon
- 1 tsp maca
- optional: 1 tbsp of chia seeds, 1 tbsp of peanut butter or almond butter
1. Add all ingredients in a mason jar or glass tupper ware and add water while stirring until mixed in
2. Top off with some fruit and/or superfood like cacao nibs or goji berries
3. Close and set in fridge overnight
4. Grab && Go =)
5. Have an amazing day!