Zoodles are just noodles but lower in carbs made from zucchini!
Pad Thai is a classic I enjoy every so often but usually enjoy it with traditional rice noodles. I thought why not spiralize some veggies and create a tasty dish! I spiralized zucchini and carrot. You can choose to have the zoodles raw or I used 1 tsp of coconut oil and my non stick pan to saute them only slightly for about 1 minute or so on low heat to still enjoy that crunch.
Mixed up a quick pad thai sauce, tossed it in the zoodles and topped it off with some bean sprouts, green onions and peanuts and voila!
Zoodle Pad ThaiPrint Recipe
- 1 zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Small bunch of bean sprouts
- 1 green onion
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 inch size fresh ginger
1. Spiralize zucchini and carrot
2. Add zoodles and 1 tsp of coconut oil to pan
3. Juice lime and add to small mixing bowl with tamari and maple syrup
4. Grate ginger and stir into small mixing bowl to complete sauce
5. Saute zoodles for 1 minute or as desired (optional raw)
6. Add pad thai sauce into pan and toss
7. Plate zoodle pad thai and top with bean sprouts, chopped green onion and peanuts